2017/18 Council Registration
- A Councillor must be a Member of the Association.
- Each academic unit may have only one Academic Council.
- The number of Councillors for an Academic Council is determined by the Voting Councillor Allocation.
- An Alternate Councillor must be a Member of the Association and a member of their respective Academic Council.
- Each Academic Council may register Alternate Councillors if a Councillor is unable to attend a Council meeting their Academic.
- Council may send an existing registered Alternate Councillor in their place.
- Alternate Councillors shall be vested with the voting and speaking rights of the Councillor they are replacing.
The duties of a Councillor shall include but are not limited to:
- Representing their Academic Council;
- Attending all Council Meetings;
- Serving on Association Committees;
- Ensuring the wellbeing of the Association; and,
- Being familiar with all governing documents including the NonProfit Corporation Act, 1995, Roberts Rules of Order, the Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies.
To apply fill this form and attach a copy of your constitution and a void cheque. Submit the form and the attachments to the GSA main office (1337 College Dr, Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W6) during working hours, Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM. Attention: GSA President
Please Note: Academic Councillors who are unable to attend a meeting and who do not have alternates must notify the GSA Chair.