Applications for 2017 Spring / Summer bursaries will accepted from June 6th, 2017 at 9 AM until June 23rd 2017 at 5 PM
To apply for a GSA bursary, please submit an application package to Sherri Rohovich at the GSA Commons during summer hours of operation (9 AM - 5 PM)
Your application should be submitted in an envelope and include the following:
- One (1) page cover letter written by the applicant describing financial situation and reasons why you are deserving / in need of a GSA bursary
- A completed GSA Bursary Application Form
- A printed copy of tuition for the Summer 2017 term
- To find this screen, go to PAWS → Academics → Tuition & Fees → Account Summary by Term → 2017 Summer Term → Submit
- Right click on the page and select ‘Print Page’
- Please ensure your name / student number are visible on the page
- One (1) letter of reference / recommendation in a sealed envelope
To help guide the application process, please download the GSA Bursary Checklist and bring it with you for submission.
Deadline: 5:00 PM on June 23rd, 2017
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligibile for a GSA bursary:
- Applicants must not have been awarded a GSA bursary in any of the previous three (3) terms.
- Applicants must be currently registered as a graduate student at the University of Saskatchewan during the term that the bursary is being offered.
The Graduate Students' Association Bursaries Selection Committee will be chaired by the VP Finance & Operations, and will include the Vice President Academic and a minimum of three (3) GSA Councilors. Bursary applicants may not sit on the committee. A new bursary selection committee will be convened for each term. There will be only one representative from any given department.
All graduate students are encouraged to apply, however, preference will be given to students in the following situations:
- Students that are ineligible for large scholarships;
- Part time students;
- Senior students who have exhausted the funding for their program;
- Students in need of child care services;
- Students who have demonstrated financial need, good community involvement and academic performance.
You may refer to the following resources for more information: