- A Councillor must be a Member of the Association.
- Each academic unit may have only one Academic Council.
- The number of Councillors for an Academic Council is determined by the Voting Councillor Allocation.
- An Alternate Councillor must be a Member of the Association and a member of their respective Academic Council.
- Each Academic Council may register Alternate Councillors.
- Councillors may send an existing registered Alternate Councillor in their place.
- Alternate Councillors shall be vested with the voting and speaking rights of the Councillor they are replacing.
The duties of a Councillor shall include but are not limited to:
- Representing their Academic Council;
- Attending all Council Meetings;
- Serving on Association Committees;
- Ensuring the wellbeing of the Association; and,
- Being familiar with all governing documents including the NonProfit Corporation Act, 1995, Roberts Rules of Order, the Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies.
To apply, please fill this form and attach a copy of your Academic Council constitution and a void cheque.
Submit the form and the required documents to the GSA Main Office (1337 College Dr, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 0W6) during working hours, Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM. Attention: GSA President
Please Note: Academic Councillors who are unable to attend a meeting and who do not have alternates to attend on their behalf must notify the GSA Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The 2017-2018 council meetings will be held at 5pm in the GSA Commons, unless otherwise indicated.
- June 28, 2017
- August 1, 2017
- September 26, 2017
- October 26, 2017
- November 21, 2017
- January 30, 2018
- February 27, 2018
- March 20, 2018
- April 17, 2018