U-Pass offers students huge savings for transportation on Saskatoon Transit. U-Pass is mandatory for full time graduate students at the U of S.
Students with special circumstances may apply to the Graduate Students' Association (GSA) to opt-out of the U-Pass service. Students in one or more of the following categories will be eligible for exemption: those living outside the city limits, those enrolled in distrance education or programs, those living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary and St. Andrew’s), or those unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
- You pay less per month than the adult rate of $83 per month for an adult bus pass.
- Taking the bus reduces your carbon footprint and helps reduce pollution in general.
- Increased use of transit can reduce traffic on campus and in surrounding areas making them friendlier to pedestrians and cyclists.
- Transit provides access to most areas of the city, mitigating the need for cash-strapped students to own cars.
- You don’t have to pay for expensive parking on campus.
The Graduate Students’ Association would like to inform you that Term 2 U-PASS stickers are available to pick up or reactivate at the information centres in Upper Place Riel.
November 28, 2016
- Term 2 U-Pass stickers are available. Stickers can be picked up or reactivated at the Information Centre in Upper Place Riel.
- If you received a U-Pass sticker in the past you will be required to reactivate the sticker at the Information Centre.
November 28, 2016
- Opt-Out applications may be submitted online to the USSU at https://fluidsurveys.usask.ca/s/2017JanuaryUPASS/
December 31, 2016
- Term 1 U-Pass stickers are deactivated at the end of the day. Term 2 U-Pass will be required effective January 1, 2017.
January 1, 2017
- Term 2 U-Pass stickers are activated. If you have received or reactivated your U-Pass sticker for Term 2, you will be able to access City Transit with your U-Pass.
January 17, 2017
- Last day to apply for Term 2 Opt Outs. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
April 30, 2017
- Term 2 U-Pass stickers are deactivated at the end of the day.
- Students who live in on-campus residences.
- Students who live outside the city limits during the term.
- Students who hold a disability parking pass for the U of S.
- Students enrolled exclusively in distance education courses or programs
To prevent fraudulent use of the U-Pass or the use of an invalid U-Pass and to protect the integrity of the U-Pass Program, Saskatoon Transit will have the right to request of any person using the U-Pass to provide additional proof of undergraduate student status at the University of Saskatchewan. The parties agree that any undergraduate student who cannot produce additional proof of undergraduate student status may be refused a ride.
Saskatoon Transit may, at its discretion, impose penalties, prosecute and/or confiscate a U-Pass sticker with no refund of payment if an undergraduate student enrolled in the U-Pass Program:
a. attempts to use a fraudulent U-Pass;
b. permits the use of a U-Pass by another or transfers a U-Pass to another; or
c. attempts to use an invalid U-Pass.