Please note: Academic Council registration is valid from September - August of each academic year. Academic Council’s must re-register every academic year.
- A Councillor must be a Regular Member of the Association.
- Each Academic Unit may only have one Academic Council.
- The number of Councillors for an Academic Council is determined by the Voting Councillor Allocation.
- An Alternate Councillor must be a Regular Member of the Association and a member of their respective Academic Council.
- Each Academic Council may register Alternate Councillors.
- Councillors may send an existing registered Alternate Councillor in their place.
- Alternate Councillors shall be vested with the voting and speaking rights of the Councillor they are replacing.
The duties of a Councillor shall include but are not limited to:
- Representing their Academic Council;
- Attending GSA Council Meetings;
- Serving on Association Committees;
- Ensuring the wellbeing of the Association; and,
- Being familiar with all governing documents including the NonProfit Corporation Act, 1995, Roberts Rules of Order, the Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies.
To apply, please fill this form .
Please attach a void cheque as well as the constitution of your Academic Council to this application.
The form and all attachments must be submitted or mailed to the GSA main office:
Attention: GSA President
1337 College Dr, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 0W6
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM
Please Note: Academic Councillors who are unable to attend a meeting and who do not have alternates to attend on their behalf must notify the GSA Chair (email@example.com).
- June 18, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 24, 2019
- October 15, 2019
- November 5, 2019
- December 3, 2019
- January 28, 2020
- February 25, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- April 14 (potential AGM), 2020