Please note: Academic Council registration is valid from September - August of each academic year. Academic Council’s must re-register every academic year.
- A Councillor must be a Regular Member of the Association, and a member of
their respective Academic Council.
- A Councillor cannot be a member of the Association Staff or Executive.
- A Councillor shall not represent two different Academic Councils.
- The number of Councillors, with voting rights, for an Academic Council is
determined by the Voting Councillor Allocation, as defined in Bylaw 1.5.
- An Alternate Councillor must be a Regular Member of the Association, and a
member of their respective Academic Council.
- An Alternate Councillor cannot be a member of the Association Staff or
- An Alternate Councillor shall not represent two different Academic Councils.
- If a Councillor is unable to attend a Council Meeting, their Academic Council
may send an existing registered Alternate Councillor in their place. In the event
that a registered Alternate Councillor is also unavailable, a designated
representative of the Academic Council may attend the meeting as long as the
Council Chair is notified ahead of time.
- The Alternate Councillor, or the designated representative of the Academic
Council, shall be given the voting rights of the Councillor they are replacing.
The duties of a Councillor shall include, but are not limited to:
- Representing their Academic Council.
- Attending all Council Meetings.
- Participating on Association Standing Committees, if desired.
- Ensuring the well-being of the Association.
- Being familiar with all governing documents, including the Saskatchewan Non-Profit Corporation Act, 1995, Robert’s Rules of Order, and the Association’s Constitution, Bylaws, and Policies.
To apply, please fill this form.
Please attach a void cheque as well as the constitution of your Academic Council to this application.
The form and all attachments must be submitted or mailed to the GSA main office:
Attention: GSA Vice-President Academic and Student Affairs
1337 College Dr, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 0W6
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 7:30 PM
NOTE: DURING THE UNIVERSITY SHUT DOWN DUE TO COVID 19, RATIFICATION DOCUMENTATION MAY BE EMAILED TO GSA.ADMN@USASK.CA AND/OR GSA.PRES@USASK.CA.
Academic Councillors who are unable to attend a Council meeting and who do not have alternates to attend on their behalf must notify the GSA Council Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). Attendance records are kept and it is very important that you are signed in at each meeting. Please bring your student ID card to each meeting for attendance verification.
The Voting Councillor Allocation for an Academic Council will be based on the most recent University census. Voting Councillor Allocation for each Academic Council will be:
One (1) for an Academic Council containing less than one hundred (100) Regular Members.
Two (2) for an Academic Council containing one hundred (100) or more Regular Members.
Academic Councils must be re-ratified each academic year and may submit ratification forms beginning in September.
- June 22, 2021
- August 24, 2021
- September 21, 2021
- October 26, 2021
- November 23, 2021
- December 14, 2021
- January 18, 2022
- February 15, 2022
- March 15, 2022
- April 13 (AGM), 2022