The GSA Free Tax Sessions will be conducted in partnership with Canada Revenue Agency's Saskatchewan Outreach team on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 - 4:30 to 5:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 7th, 2021 - 4:30 to 5:30 PM
The GSA Free Tax Session is free for all graduate students and their families provided they meet the following criteria:
- They are not self-employed and have no employment expenses.
- They have no rental income.
- They have no capital gains or losses to report.
- They have not filed for bankruptcy.
- They are not filing on behalf of a deceased person.
- They have an income LESS than $50,000.
All graduate students are invited to participate in these sessions.
Graduate students attending the GSA Sessions are encouraged to bring all necessary documents (T4, T4As, T2202a and any other tax forms for the taxation year) with them.
As members of the Canadian Federation of Students, all graduate students get free access to UFile.ca to help with their tax filing needs.
How to File
To file for free, members must:
- Sign in to a new or existing UFile account for the current tax year
- Enter tuition fees and months at school (must file T2202a)
- Locate the “Special Offer” form in UFile’s left-hand navigation
- Enter the special offer code: CFS1981
(note: entering the code CFS1981 at check-out will not discount the tax file, the student must enter the code in the Special Offer section.)