2019 Winter Bursary Applications Open February 4, 2019 - March 1, 2019.
Deadline for Submission: March 1, 2019 @ 5:00 PM.
Successful bursary applicants will be notified by March 15, 2019. We encourage those who were unsuccessful to apply again for the 2019 Spring/Summer Bursary.
Applications for the 2019 Winter term bursaries will be accepted from Monday, February 4, 2019 at 10:00 AM until Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
To apply for a GSA bursary, please submit your completed application package to the Office Manager in the GSA Commons during the hours of 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
Your application should be submitted in a sealed envelope and include the following:
- Confirmation of Enrollment for the 2019 winter term.
- One (1) page cover letter written by the applicant describing their financial situation and reasons why they are deserving / in need of a GSA bursary;
- A completed GSA Bursary Application Form;
- A printed copy of tuition for the 2019 fall term;
- To find this screen, go to PAWS → Academics → Tuition & Fees → Account Summary by Term → 2019 Winter Term → Submit
- Right click on the page and select ‘Print Page’
- Please ensure your name / student number are visible on the page
- One (1) letter of reference / recommendation in a sealed envelope, from an individual who is able to attest to your academic, financial and extracurricular involvements.
To help guide the application process, please download the GSA Bursary Checklist and attach it to the front of your envelope upon submission.
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a GSA bursary:
- Applicants must not have been awarded a GSA bursary in any of the previous three (3) terms. For example, if you were awarded a bursary in fall 2017, you cannot apply for a bursary until winter 2019.
- Applicants must be currently registered as a graduate student at the University of Saskatchewan during the term that the bursary is being offered.
The Graduate Students' Association Bursaries Selection Committee will be chaired by the VP Finance & Operations, and will include the Vice President Student Affairs and a minimum of three (3) GSA Councilors. Bursary applicants may not sit on the committee. A new Bursary Selection Committee will be convened for each academic year. There can only be one representative from any given department.
All graduate students are encouraged to apply, however, preference will be given to students in the following situations:
- Students that are ineligible for large scholarships;
- Senior students who have exhausted funding for their program;
- Students in need of child care services;
- Students who have demonstrated financial need, good community involvement and academic performance.
You may refer to the following resources for more information: