2022 Winter Term Bursary Applications open Saturday, January 1, 2022 @ 8:00 AM.
Deadline for Submission is extended: Monday, February 7, 2022 @ 5:00 PM.
Successful bursary applicants will be notified by Monday, February 14, 2022. We encourage those who were unsuccessful to apply again for the 2022 Spring/Summer Bursary.
Applications for the 2022 Winter Term Bursary will be accepted from Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 8:00 AM.
To apply, please complete this form on Survey Monkey before the extended submission deadline which is at 5:00 PM on Monday, February 7, 2022.
Please ensure you have the following information ready prior to moving forward with the Survey Monkey application (as summarized in the Bursary Checklist):
- All the information requested in the GSA Bursary Application.
- Confirmation of Enrollment for the 2022 Winter term (as a PDF).
- One (1) page cover letter to describe your financial situation and reasons why you are in need of a GSA Bursary (as a PDF).
- A copy of your tuition for the 2022 Winter term (as a single PDF):
- To find this screen, go to Tuition & Fees → Account Detail by Term → 2021 Spring/Summer Term → Submit;
- Right click on the page and select ‘Print Page’;
- Please ensure your name/student number are visible on the page.
- One (1) letter of support (as a PDF) from your supervisor, or a faculty member in your department, who is able to attest to your academic, financial and extracurricular involvements. The reference letter MUST be on institutional letterhead.
Bursary applications will be kept strictly confidential.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the VP Finance and Operations at email@example.com.
Each bursary recipient will receive is $1000
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for a GSA bursary:
- Applicants must not have been awarded a GSA bursary in any of the previous three (3) terms. For example, if you were awarded a bursary in Spring/Summer 2021, you cannot apply for a bursary until Spring/Summer 2022.
- Applicants must be registered in a Master or Ph.D. program at the University of Saskatchewan during the term that the bursary is being offered.
The Graduate Students' Association Bursaries Selection Committee will be chaired by the VP Finance and Operations, and will include the VP Academic and Student Affairs and a minimum of three (3) GSA Councilors. Bursary applicants may not sit on the committee. A new Bursary Selection Committee will be convened for each academic year. There can only be one representative from any given department.
All graduate students are encouraged to apply, however, preference will be given to students in the following situations:
- Students who are ineligible for major scholarships.
- Students who have exhausted the funding for their program.
- Students in need of child care services.
- Students who have demonstrated financial need, good community involvement and strong academic performance.
You may refer to the following resources for more information: