The Graduate Commons is a versatile space that can be organized to accommodate many different functions and events. The space is fitted with audio / visual equipment and a projector system, that meet all the needs of presentations and entertainment. The kitchen is equipped with a commercial refrigerator, coffee machine, sanitizer for dishes, coffee mugs and wine glasses that are available for use. We encourage you to stop by and see the space if you are interested in holding your event at the Commons. Two commercial BBQs are available to use as well, please make sure to request them on your booking form.
If you are interested in booking the space, please send your booking form with as much information as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we can only accept bookings during regular business hours, and not on holidays. Once your booking has been scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email and your event will be posted on the GSA Events Calandar on our website. Upon approval of your event, you will be asked to sign the Rental Contract.
- The GSA requires a $100.00 damage deposit one (1) week prior to your event. This will be returned upon completion of your event and of the cleaning check list.
- Allow a minimum of 30 minutes for set-up and 30 minutes for clean-up when booking your event. Any extra time spent in the GSA Commons setting-up or cleaning up will be billed. Groups using the GSA Commons are responsible for using the space respectfully. The space is to be left clean, tidy, and in good shape. Please ensure that all furniture is placed back to its original location.
- If your event will include alcohol, you need to provide the GSA Office Staff with the appropriate liquor permit on the day of your event.
- For cancellations, a 24 hour notice must be given otherwise your damage deposit will not be returned.
- You are respnosible for providing your own plates, cups and cutlery for your event.
August 16 - April 30: Monday – Friday: 9:00am-7:30pm
May 1 - August 15: Monday – Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
The space is called the GSA Commons or Graduate Students’ Association Commons and should be advertised as such. We are housed in the Emmanuel and St. Chad Building at 1337 College Dr. Saskatoon. We require the proper name and GSA logo displayed on all advertisements, as the GSA is endorsing your event.
The GSA is able to accept payment by debit, visa, mastercard, cheque or cash. If you would like to pay by CFOAPAL, please indicate so on your booking form.
- Free for GSA ratified groups within regular office hours (see above for hours of operation).
- $50 per hour for GSA ratified groups after office hours, on weekends and holidays.
- $75 per hour for non-ratified groups.
The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) has two commercial sized BBQ’s available for use on GSA premises only.
BBQ Rental Costs:
- GSA Ratified Groups: $20.00 flat rate, and propane will be billed after the event.
- Non-ratified groups: $15.00 / hour, and propane will be billed after the event.
How much will we have to pay for Propane?
- Propane burns at 1 lb / 30 minutes.
- Each 1 lb of propane costs $1.
- Therefore, propane will be billed at $2 / hour.
- The GSA will provide cooking utensils as well as cleaning tools for end of use cleanup.
- Students will be required to set up the BBQ’s / clean BBQ’s and take BBQ’s to the shed for storage after event.
- In the event that the BBQ’s are misused or left unclean, there will be extra charges added to the invoice.
The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) is pleased to provide you access to coffee for your events at a cost of $5 per carafe of coffee.
The GSA does not book furniture for events. The booking party should contact the Facility Management Division (FMD) for additional tables and chairs. Please make note when booking furniture with FMD that the billing address is the booking party’s department or group and not the GSA.