Note: Prior to booking your event, please make sure to visit our Events Calendar to see whether the GSA Commons is available for your requested date. Bookings may be possible beyond posted office hours during Reading Weeks and other restricted hours. Feel free to contact the Office for more information.
The GSA Commons is a versatile space that can be organized to accommodate many different functions and events. The space is fitted with audio / visual equipment and a projector system, that meet all the needs of presentations and entertainment. The kitchen is equipped with a commercial refrigerator, coffee machine, sanitizer for dishes, coffee mugs and wine glasses that are available for use. We encourage you to stop by and see the space if you are interested in holding your event at the Commons. Two commercial BBQs are available to use as well, please make sure to request them on your booking form.
If you are interested in booking the space, please send your booking form with as much information as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we can only accept bookings during regular business hours, and not on holidays. Once your booking has been scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email and your event will be posted on the GSA Events Calandar on our website. Upon approval of your event, you will be asked to sign the Rental Contract.
- The GSA requires a $100.00 damage deposit one (1) week prior to your event. This will be returned upon completion of your event and of the cleaning check list.
- Allow a minimum of 30 minutes for set-up and 30 minutes for clean-up when booking your event. Any extra time spent in the GSA Commons setting-up or cleaning up will be billed. Groups using the GSA Commons are responsible for using the space respectfully. The space is to be left clean, tidy, and in good shape. Please ensure that all furniture is placed back to its original location.
- For cancellations, a 24 hour notice must be given otherwise your damage deposit will not be returned.
- You are responsible for providing your own plates, cups and cutlery for your event.
- Maximum occupancy (as per the fire and safety code) is 99 persons.
May 1 - August 15: Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
August 16 - April 30: Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM - 7:30 PM
The space is called the GSA Commons or Graduate Students’ Association Commons and should be advertised as such. We are housed in the Emmanuel and St. Chad Building at 1337 College Dr. Saskatoon. We require the proper name and GSA logo displayed on all advertisements, if the GSA is endorsing your event.
If your event will include alcohol, you need to provide the GSA Office Staff with the appropriate liquor permit on the day of your event.
Please visit the Saskatchewan Gaming and Liquor Authority (https://www.slga.com/) to obtain your permit.
If you have any questions or are having problems having your liquor permit approved, please email email@example.com.
The GSA is able to accept payment by debit, visa, mastercard or cheque. If you would like to pay by CFOAPAL, please indicate so on your booking form. We are no longer able to accept cash payments.
- Free for GSA ratified groups within regular office hours (see above for hours of operation).
- $50 per hour for GSA ratified groups after office hours, on weekends and holidays.
- $75 per hour for non-ratified groups.
You have access to the following with your rental;
- ~ 99 chairs
- 2 sofa sets (each with a 3 piece sofa and 3 one-piece sofas)
- 5 round tables (42" diameter)
- 4 rectangular tables (30" width x 60" length)
- 2 half round tables (1/2 - 60" diameter)
- A coat room
- A children's corner
- A projector system
- A/V sound system
The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) has two commercial sized BBQ’s available for use on GSA premises only.
BBQ Rental Costs:
- GSA Ratified Groups: $20.00 flat rate, and propane will be billed after the event.
- Non-ratified groups: $15.00 / hour, and propane will be billed after the event.
How much will we have to pay for Propane?
- Propane burns at 1 lb / 30 minutes.
- Each 1 lb of propane costs $1.
- Therefore, propane will be billed at $2 / hour / BBQ.
- The GSA will provide cooking utensils as well as cleaning tools for end of use cleanup.
- Students will be required to set up the BBQ’s / clean BBQ’s and take BBQ’s to the shed for storage after event.
- In the event that the BBQ’s are misused or left unclean, there will be extra charges added to the invoice.
The Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) is pleased to provide you access to coffee for your events at a cost of $5 per carafe of coffee.
Please make sure to indicate whether you would like coffee at your event on your booking form.